Lake Murray Volleyball Club was founded in 2006 by four coaches that wanted to provide club volleyball for the players in the Irmo, Dutch Fork and Chapin area. We have expanded to include players from all over the Columbia area. Our focus is on teaching every volleyball player to play to the best of their ability. Coaches focus on technique, execution and mental focus with a strong emphasis on teamwork. Our coaches not only teach the player how to improve and perfect their volleyball game but also take the time to teach leadership skills, build character and help them grow into independent, confident and successful young adults.
The main thing that sets us apart from other clubs in our area is our sense of family. We offer many fun events throughout our season including a parent 6 v 6 volleyball competition, individual team bonding events, end of season family picnic and the seasonal favorite - our fun day. We strive to get to know each player on a personal level. We also help each girl in their recruiting process as our goal is to get each girl a college scholarship!
We hope that you will consider being a part of the Lake Murray volleyball club family!!
Come find out what we are all about.
MVPs from most recent tournament
Team 18 Red
- Our MVP for the Palmetto Regional Championships April 1-3 is Josey Dorn. Josey is an OH for our 18 Red team and played at a different level this weekend! She became a go-to hitter for our setter and found a way to put the ball down almost every time she touched it. Had very few errors and was a real force at the net. Her intensity and drive are contagious and she lead the team through example. Josey‘s serving was also very strong. If her serves weren‘t aces, they were so aggressive that they took the other team out of system. Josey will be attending North Greeenville University in the fall and we wish her the very best! Thanks for all that you have done for the team this year! We are all so proud of you!
- Kills: 25
- Kill %: 0.43
- Aces: 11
Team 17 Red
Madison Dorrell & Jasmine Smith
- We are very proud of the entire 17 Red Team who had to overcome numerous hurdles this weekend that really showed their strength of character and teamwork! We would like to acknowledge Shelby for her support and positive attitude.
- Madison is one of our MVP‘s from the tournament. This weekend, we were forced to make the adjustment from a 6-2 offense to a 5-1; something we had not practiced ALL season! With this change, Madison rose to the challenge and showed great adaptability with a difficult situation. We are very proud of her constant drive to better herself and demonstrated great leadership skills throughout the whole weekend.
- Jasmine is another MVP from the tournament. Jasmine really stepped-up her defense through hustle and her pursuit to not let the ball hit the floor! She came through with clutch serving and stringing together multiple points. Jasmine‘s strong presence at the net and uplifting smile are huge assets to the team.
Team 15 Red
- Maisy‘s grit and “refuse to lose attitude” led the team with 91 digs, 22 kills and was a perfect server all weekend. Her efforts helped our team win the Open Copper Bracket.
Team 15 Black
- This was our best tournament ever, the entire played great. Josie is getting the MVP for this tournament because she really step up her game this weekend. I must have told her 2 or 3 times each day (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) how great she was passing. Josie was really focused and really put everything we have been teaching her all season into her game this weekend. She was very consistent in her passing and had some amazing plays in the backrow. I have been trying to get her to be aggressive from the backrow all season and this weekend she did just that. She had some great kills from some very aggressive hits from the backrow. Great job Josie.
- I am very proud of this team and honored to have been able to coach and get to know each of the girls and their families. Thank you so much for an amazing season.
Team 14 Red
14 Red Team
- I could not begin to select an MVP for Regionals, so the whole team gets recognized. The team finished 6th out of 52 teams, and missed out on a national bid by two positions. Gina was rock solid as always from the setting position. Alli and Nikole did a great job defensively and had their best serve receive tournament of the season. Kaitlyn was all over the place defensively, hit the ball very consistently, and had her best serving weekend as well. Leah was huge with her serving in several matches, including a run of 12 points in a row against Magnum Elite in the Open Silver Semifinal to close out the first game. Natasa came up with a couple ridiculous athletic plays to save some key points. Evelyn turned into one of the best outside hitters in the region this year, and this weekend was a great one for her offensively. And Gabby and Julia both were great serving, hitting, and especially blocking against Magnum Aiken.
- So proud of your season girls!! Congratulations!
Team 14 Black
Dakota Bruccoli & Kaleigh Spires
- We have two MVPs from the Palmetto Regional Championships this past weekend.
- Dakota Bruccoli is our setter and the heart of our team. She chases every ball without complaints and is always there for her teammates. She was put into the setting position for the first time ever this season and has really stepped up the challenge. Her sets became more and more accurate as the season went on. Dakota‘s is also an incredible server and had 12 aces for the weekend. Thank you for all of your hard work all season Dakota!!
- Kaleigh Spires is a DS for our team and we have decided to nickname her “the broom” because she picks up everything! Her defense kept us in so many games and her serve receive passing was outstanding. Kaleigh is also a very good server and had 10 aces for the weekend. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to your team. We are so proud of you!!
Team 13 Black
Ainsley Martin & Sara Pendley
- Ainsley led our team defensively this weekend and was such a leader on the court. She was injured during playoffs on Sunday and powered through making some of the best passes I‘ve ever seen. She kept a positive attitude and has always been one to keep our team in high spirits at the toughest of times. She fought through pain and tears on Sunday but was truly one of our best players on the court all weekend.
- Improving every tournament, Sara has done it again and was a power house at the net. Her blocking was incredible as well as her hitting. She showed so much more determination this weekend with an all or nothing attitude. She too got injured this weekend on Saturday and refused to let that prevent her from being our strongest hitter. Sara, we are so proud of the athlete you have become and through the tears you helped make our team a stronger one this weekend.
Team 12 Black
Audrey Taylor & Emma Grace Rhyne & Kalen Lance & Maddie Rivers & Kelsey Stone
- I was really impressed by a few players at the regional tournament this past weekend.
- Audrey did an amazing job on the net with owning it to the fullest and working hard to let the other teams know who runs it. I‘m proud of the blocks and tips that she got this weekend and how well she used everything she has learned thus far.
- Emma Grace definitely stepped into true setter form and made sure that 2nd ball was hers. She even had some good hits and all around she was hustling everywhere. I'm so proud of how she picked up on her position and truly showed us her skill.
- Kalen proved herself defensively with the digs she got and with all the great passes she made. She has improved greatly and even started using her hands more which is something she wasn‘t comfortable with.
- Maddie served a strong game and kept us in it plenty of times with her great serves. She also had a strong game and I‘m glad she was our libero.
- And then we have Kelsey, who may not get us much playing time as the others but when she did get on the court she made some great plays. Her passes were excellent and she made sure to talk. I saw a different player in her when she played this weekend and it made me extremely happy to see that.
- The whole team did great things and I‘m super proud of them and I still can‘t believe the season is over. These were the MVP‘s that led us to power gold champs
What parents are saying about our club:
I am so happy for my family to be a part of the LMVC experience. My daughter, Christian-Alexis, is happy and playing like a champ. Thanks for the hugs and smiles all the time...I LOVE LMVC!!!
Family atmosphere, excllent coaches, and a love for the game of volleyball are all attributes of Lake Murray Volleyball Club! This is our daughter Jhi's, second year of club ball. As parents, we have seen her blossom from a clueless 8th grader to a constantly growing and developing player. She has gained knowledge, encouragement, and consistent coaching concerning the sport as well as becoming an excellent sportsman. Last year was grooming time; this year Jhi is a part of a team that brought home "the gold" at the Plex Challenge tounament on Jan. 28th. Our daughter has more growing to do in the sport of volleyball and we believe and are so thankful for the love and support that the entire Lake Murray Club provides.
This is Ashley's 5th year with Lake Murray. She loves it and her coaches. What a tremendous experience! Lake Murray's not only about winning volleyball games! The whole team experience is about growing young girls into confident young women who respect not only themselves, but others! Go Lake Murray!
Lake Murray Volleyball Club is our second family. When Katie was unexpectedly turned away from Carpe Diem (now Magnum) after playing with them since she was 12 years old, she was devastated! Her confidence was crushed but she was still hungry for volleyball. This club welcomed us with open arms and a commitment to making her a better player and having fun in the mean time. They followed through! The very first year with her new team they won first place in the Silver Division at Palmetto Regionals. We have lost count how many more times we have made it to the top of our division in tournaments thereafter. LMVC makes their presence known in competition! This is now her 4th and final year with LMVC as she will be going off to college this fall to start a new chapter in her life. It will be very sad for this year's season to end. She is excited about rooming with one of her closest teammates from LMVC and playing intramural volleyball together at Winthrop. As parents this makes us feel better knowing she will be with someone we love and trust during her time way from home. Life long friendships have been made with her teammates and I truly believe this club has played a big part in molding her into the confident young woman she has become. This is truly a unique club and Katie will always be considered a part of the LMVC family. We will continue to support and be involved in this club even after her last season is over.
This has been an experience of a life time for my family. Our daughter Malacia is playing her first year of club volleyball. She have been playing since she was 11 years old. Over the years we have watched her grow and become better at playing the game of volleyball in middle school, and high school. Having her to play with Lake Murray Volleyball Club has been the best thing we could have ever done for her as a growing athlete. The love from the coaches, parents, peers and directors have been outstanding. I would recommend this club to our future volleyball players. As parents we have watch her become more complacent and competitive with the sport. Thanks Lake Murray for all the dedication and hard work you've done for our daughter Malacia. We appreciate YOU!
We have always enjoyed and appreciated a volleyball season with Lake Murray because of focus on “the girl”, skills, and team work. I heard parent saying “If you want to get yelled at play for another team, if you need a hug and some coaching, play for Lake Murray.” It is rewarding to see a diverse gaggle of girls from different high schools and backgrounds with little or no experience together, to grow and blossom into coordinated and fully functioning volleyball team! At the beginning of the year a serve – receive looked difficult, but by the end of the season teammates were calling the hits and the hole in the middle had nearly vanished. This is really a lifetime appreciation for volleyball, physical fitness, teamwork, and family.
It is such a privilege to be playing for LMVC. I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier. This club experience has made me a better Volleyball player and more competitive. It has also helped me grow as a volleyball player and I have more strength both physically and mentally. I love being around the people involved with this club!! Thank you!!
This year was Haley's first year playing Club ball. What a difference it has made in her life! Lake Murray Volleyball is family - from the Coaches to the players to the Moms and Dads supporting their Daughters - it is the best. The Coaches are professional, knowledgeable, and caring. We are happy to be a part of this wonderful group and look forward to many more years with LMVC. Thank you for what you do.
Lake Murray Volleyball Club!!!What can we say but AWESOME!!! Family atmosphere and a caring group of people. We are blessed to be part of Lake Murray Volleyball Club! I am expecting great things this club season and for the future we will have with LMVC: Loving, Motivating, Victorious Club...THANKS!!!
******Lake Murray Volleyball***** Great Coaches, Great Parents, Great Club!!!! We have had two wonderful seasons with Lake Murray. Alexa has grown as a Volleyball player and plays with more confidence. It has been wonderful to have her surrounded by great teammates and other coaches cheering her on and encouraging her as a player. We love Lake Murray Volleyball Club!!
LMVC is such an awesome club! This club create such a warm family atmosphere! We've seen so much improvement in our daughter skills since joining this team! The coaches are great!
LMVC has done wonders for our daughter's confidence and skill in volleyball. The coaches were warm and encouraging to all of the girls, while continuing to set HIGH expectations throughout. I know we chose the perfect club and we're ALL excited about playing again!
Where do I begin?! Our daughter, Savannah, having never played before, made the middle school team as a 7th grader mostly because of her height, but was only allowed to play about 45 seconds the entire season. She was completely defeated and worn down emotionally. She enjoyed the new friends she made, but was ready to throw in the towel on volleyball all together until after MUCH encouragement she joined LMVC. She resisted at first because she was so done, but finally we wore her down and she reluctantly agreed to give it a chance. WE COULD NOT BE MORE PLEASED!! It was an amazing difference right from tryouts. She was treated so kindly from coaches and potential team members. She went into the season unable to get the ball over the net with her serve and now can do so pretty consistently. She's still a little timid on the court, but we know that will improve as her confidence and skill improve. As a family, we have thoroughly enjoyed every minute! We have made great adult friends, the girls have bonded so tightly and have a real chemistry on and off the court. The coaches have been amazing and so encouraging. They have truly been about player development and not just winning. Savannah said several weeks into the season "Momma, I finally feel like I'm where I belong (doing volleyball)!" My tear stained cheeks were bursting with joy :) We are excited about where volleyball can take her in her future. She's almost 6 ft tall at age 12 and still growing. You can learn to play volleyball, but you can't learn to be tall! We already can't wait for next season!!! Thank you LMVC!!!
This was my daughter's first year playing a team sport so we didn't know what to expect. We chose Lake Murray Volleyball Club based on recommendations from people in the volleyball community. The family atmosphere at Lake Murray is wonderful. It was such an awesome experience, I could not imagine playing anywhere else. My daughter is hooked, and so am I. We are looking forward to many more years with LMVC!
Our daughter (Ki’Ana) decided not to play volleyball until 9th grade (trying to avoid marching band ). But it was not until 10th grade she decided to try club volleyball. Because of one of her coaches, she decided to try LMVC. What a great decision for her and the family. She has learned so much and has made such great friends. I can’t wait for the next club season to see these awesome girls play!!!!
If there was every a person or a thing that could change your child’s perception of life for the better, I think that any parent would do it. This is the case for Lake Murray Volleyball. Our daughter picked up the game three years ago for fun and it is now a quest for her and it has changed her life and ours. She is very smart and very completive and needed a challenge. She got it through volleyball. This is her third season at Lake Murray and because of that she is also on the Dutch Fork Volleyball team. She currently plays for the 16’s team as the setter and will play for Lake Murray until she is too old to do so. She once said that “she wouldn’t know what to do if she couldn’t play volleyball.” We are now a volleyball family and it is not just us. It’s the entire Club, the parents and the coaches. We truly have extended our family. I have had more than one parent tell me that her daughter had to go to a tournament and they couldn’t go but because their daughter was with us and the team they had no worries about their daughters and if she was going to have a good time. That is what makes Lake Murray Volleyball different. It is not about the money, it’s about the girls. I can’t thank Sue, Katie, Sean and David enough for what they have done for Haley and our family. We have made life long friends here and the old saying that “it takes a village to raise a child” is so true. Lake Murray Volleyball is a part of our village and will be forever.
When looking for a new club experience after two years with another club for our daughter Callie we heard that Lake Murray was a "developmental" league and thought well we will just check them out anyway .... Two years later I can attest that this developmental rumor is so TRUE because Lake Murray Volleyball Club has developed our daughter and all of the girls I have watched play over the past two seasons into confident experienced skilled players. More importantly Lake Murray Volleyball Club has developed a strong sense of character into our daughter. As we go into our 5th year of club volleyball I know the coaches that will be placed in teaching our daughter are passionate and knowledgeable about the game and their enthusiasm is contagious! We love the warm family atmosphere of the club and all of the extra events scheduled throughout the season from the lock in to the parent tournament to the end of the season lake picnic! The gold winner t-shirts that we have accumulated are great but it is the heart of gold of the directors, staff and coaches that keep us coming back for more volleyball, more excitement, more joy, more fun and yeah .... more development ~ because when you stop learning you stop living!