Lake Murray Volleyball Club was founded in 2006 by four coaches that wanted to provide club volleyball for the players in the Irmo, Dutch Fork and Chapin area. We have expanded to include players from all over the Columbia area. Our focus is on teaching every volleyball player to play to the best of their ability. Coaches focus on technique, execution and mental focus with a strong emphasis on teamwork. Our coaches not only teach the player how to improve and perfect their volleyball game but also take the time to teach leadership skills, build character and help them grow into independent, confident and successful young adults.
The main thing that sets us apart from other clubs in our area is our sense of family. We offer many fun events throughout our season including a parent 6 v 6 volleyball competition, individual team bonding events, end of season family picnic and the seasonal favorite - our fun day. We strive to get to know each player on a personal level. We also help each girl in their recruiting process as our goal is to get each girl a college scholarship!
We hope that you will consider being a part of the Lake Murray volleyball club family!!
Come find out what we are all about.
MVPs from most recent tournament
Team 18 Red
- Sam Ojeda is our MVP for the Valentine‘s beach bash tournament this past weekend in Myrtle Beach. The team was in a tough spot as we only had 6 players for almost the entire first day, which meant Sam was thrown into an uncomfortable position of playing front row after learning that one of our front row players had a prior engagement she needed to attend. Sam played very smart offense and played unbelievable defense front and back row and even had a block on a girl that was at least 6 inches taller than her. Sam led the team in “3” passes and also in digs. She was also very aggressive yet consistent from the service line. Sam was the vocal and emotional leader as we struggled through the first day but came on strong on Sunday to finish 3rd in gold. Great job to Sam on her great performance in one of the toughest tournaments of the year
Team 17 Red
Gabby Mejia & Chandler Williams
- Our team played down 3 players this past weekend and we asked several of our girls to play positions they have never played before. Gabby Meija was one of those players. She had only been playing back row as a DS for us all season and we asked her to be an all-around outside. To say that she stepped up to the challenge is an understatement!! Gabby was on fire after our first match,, which we needed to figure out rotations and such. She ended her weekend with 8 aces, 12 kills and 11 digs. Gabby was also an incredible leader on the court keeping her team in the game when they could have felt down and out. Thanks for all of your hard work and execution!! You were amazing all weekend and we are so proud of you!!
- Having only 6 players for the whole weekend was exhausting for all of our girls but they found a way to fight through exhaustion and play better than we have seen them play all season! Chandler was moved from her usual outside position to play middle for us and she really stepped into that role like a champ!! She was our go-to hitter all weekend and ended the weekend with 27 kills, 10 aces and 9 digs. She played awesome defense as well, keeping our team in it with a couple of great digs at crucial points in matches. We are so proud of your hard work and dedication Chandler! Keep it up!
Team 16 Red
Rachel “Rocky” Martini
- 6 kills, 2 solo blocks, 4 double blocks, 5 digs.
Team 16 Black
Georgia Summer & Jordan Green
- We had a tough day in pool play but the entire team really came together once we made it to the playoffs. The MVP for this tournament is going to two girls that really stepped up their games at the end. Georgia Summer and Jordan Green.
- Georgia had some really strong hits some great serving and one diving dig that was incredible. Georgia is the Captain of the team and her leadership in stepping up her game sparked the rest of the team to step up their game. Great job Georgia!
- Jordan is always a force at the net but after pool play she really showed what a smart player she could be by seeing where the defense was not and pushing the ball to those holes. In the final match she was able to get 7 kills off of 14 attempts. Great job Jordan!
Team 15 Red
- Congratulations to Courtney Wilson for being 15 Red‘s MVP for the Winter Blast. With our team missing 4 players this weekend, Courtney was thrown into a new role and was a key part to helping our team win the Silver division. She was fantastic in her role as an outside hitter. Her attacks were consistent all day long and she came up with several big kills. Her serving was also the best we‘ve seen from her all year! Congratulations Courtney! Well done!
Team 15 Black
- Where do we even begin with how impressed both coaches were with Dakota’s performance at the Winter Heat tournament in Augusta?! Our team has been struggling with the flu, resulting in our other setter missing this tournament. We typically run a 6-2 rotation, but had to learn (the Thursday before the tournament) a 5-1. We briefly reviewed this previously, but haven’t had to execute it before. Dakota stepped up phenomenally, giving 200% with her hustle! Not to mention her hands were beautiful and much improved this weekend! She displayed leadership, aiding the team in knowing where they should be on each rotation. Her knowledge of the game is improving week by week, and as a captain, her leadership and dedication to the team is like no other! Great job leading your team to 2nd in Silver, Dakota! The best finish the team has had so far this season!
Team 14 Black
Ainsley Martin & Lela Sampson
- Ainsley led the team in serving where she made 42 Aces. She even aced the last two points of of the Championship match. Ainsley has been our sole setter the past 2 tournaments due to our other setter being injured and she took this responsibility and has excelled at it. She‘s one of our captains and I can always count on her to lead the team on and off the court. Congratulations Ainsley for being such a determined athlete and for helping lead our team to a Gold Victory.
- Lela led our team this past weekend in defense, offense and serve receive. Lela had 16 digs, 11 Kills and followed Ainsley in aces with 23. Lela always picks up balls that you least expect anyone to get to and she is constantly moving all over the court. Her ability to see the other teams offense helped us tremendously. Lela has improved so much in hitting and has been able to place the ball exactly where she needs to score for our team. Congratulations Lela on a job well done and for helping lead or team to 1st place.
Team 12 Red
Madelyn Rivers & Alivia Martin
- This is Alivia‘s first season with Lake Murray and her first time play club volleyball. Alivia has really grown as a player and is developing confidence, as well as leadership, with every practice and tournament. She continually supports her team with positive thoughts and communicates really well on the court, whether she is a part of the play or not. This past weekend in Myrtle Beach was the best that we have seen Alivia play! She had 6 kills, stepped in to help set the ball 5 times when our setter called for help, she had 5 digs of which 3 came at a critical time in the final match, and she had only 1 reception/ball handling error on the weekend. This means that all but one of her passes were either playable or a perfect pass to target!! The 3 digs that she had in the final match were amazing and if she hadn‘t gotten the ball up, the play would have been over, potentially giving the other team the points needed to win. We constantly have to remind ourselves that Alivia just turned 10!! Her desire to improve her game, positive attitude, and being a great teammate is a true example of the wonderful player and person she is. We are so proud of you Alivia! Keep working hard as we see great things for you!
- This is Maddy‘s second year playing with Lake Murray and is an all-around player for our team. Maddy continues to grow and push herself to improve her all-around game. There isn‘t a ball that she can‘t get to as she is that player that runs as fast as she can to get to the ball and if she needs to, she will lay out to get the ball up. She is also one of our go to hitters and her serves are something many of the adult players wouldn‘t want to pass! This weekend was no exception as this is the best that we have seen her play! Maddy had 23 kills, 28 serves with 7 aces coming in the gold playoff on Sunday, 3 digs which were key in the final match, 25 service receptions with only 6 reception/ball handling error over the weekend! Maddy is a big reason why the team won Gold on Sunday! More importantly, she kept a positive attitude and really communicated well on the court with her teammates. We believe she has a lot of potential and the sky is the limit for her! We are so proud of you Maddy and keep working hard!
What parents are saying about our club:
I am so happy for my family to be a part of the LMVC experience. My daughter, Christian-Alexis, is happy and playing like a champ. Thanks for the hugs and smiles all the time...I LOVE LMVC!!!
Family atmosphere, excllent coaches, and a love for the game of volleyball are all attributes of Lake Murray Volleyball Club! This is our daughter Jhi's, second year of club ball. As parents, we have seen her blossom from a clueless 8th grader to a constantly growing and developing player. She has gained knowledge, encouragement, and consistent coaching concerning the sport as well as becoming an excellent sportsman. Last year was grooming time; this year Jhi is a part of a team that brought home "the gold" at the Plex Challenge tounament on Jan. 28th. Our daughter has more growing to do in the sport of volleyball and we believe and are so thankful for the love and support that the entire Lake Murray Club provides.
This is Ashley's 5th year with Lake Murray. She loves it and her coaches. What a tremendous experience! Lake Murray's not only about winning volleyball games! The whole team experience is about growing young girls into confident young women who respect not only themselves, but others! Go Lake Murray!
Lake Murray Volleyball Club is our second family. When Katie was unexpectedly turned away from Carpe Diem (now Magnum) after playing with them since she was 12 years old, she was devastated! Her confidence was crushed but she was still hungry for volleyball. This club welcomed us with open arms and a commitment to making her a better player and having fun in the mean time. They followed through! The very first year with her new team they won first place in the Silver Division at Palmetto Regionals. We have lost count how many more times we have made it to the top of our division in tournaments thereafter. LMVC makes their presence known in competition! This is now her 4th and final year with LMVC as she will be going off to college this fall to start a new chapter in her life. It will be very sad for this year's season to end. She is excited about rooming with one of her closest teammates from LMVC and playing intramural volleyball together at Winthrop. As parents this makes us feel better knowing she will be with someone we love and trust during her time way from home. Life long friendships have been made with her teammates and I truly believe this club has played a big part in molding her into the confident young woman she has become. This is truly a unique club and Katie will always be considered a part of the LMVC family. We will continue to support and be involved in this club even after her last season is over.
This has been an experience of a life time for my family. Our daughter Malacia is playing her first year of club volleyball. She have been playing since she was 11 years old. Over the years we have watched her grow and become better at playing the game of volleyball in middle school, and high school. Having her to play with Lake Murray Volleyball Club has been the best thing we could have ever done for her as a growing athlete. The love from the coaches, parents, peers and directors have been outstanding. I would recommend this club to our future volleyball players. As parents we have watch her become more complacent and competitive with the sport. Thanks Lake Murray for all the dedication and hard work you've done for our daughter Malacia. We appreciate YOU!
We have always enjoyed and appreciated a volleyball season with Lake Murray because of focus on “the girl”, skills, and team work. I heard parent saying “If you want to get yelled at play for another team, if you need a hug and some coaching, play for Lake Murray.” It is rewarding to see a diverse gaggle of girls from different high schools and backgrounds with little or no experience together, to grow and blossom into coordinated and fully functioning volleyball team! At the beginning of the year a serve – receive looked difficult, but by the end of the season teammates were calling the hits and the hole in the middle had nearly vanished. This is really a lifetime appreciation for volleyball, physical fitness, teamwork, and family.
It is such a privilege to be playing for LMVC. I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier. This club experience has made me a better Volleyball player and more competitive. It has also helped me grow as a volleyball player and I have more strength both physically and mentally. I love being around the people involved with this club!! Thank you!!
This year was Haley's first year playing Club ball. What a difference it has made in her life! Lake Murray Volleyball is family - from the Coaches to the players to the Moms and Dads supporting their Daughters - it is the best. The Coaches are professional, knowledgeable, and caring. We are happy to be a part of this wonderful group and look forward to many more years with LMVC. Thank you for what you do.
Lake Murray Volleyball Club!!!What can we say but AWESOME!!! Family atmosphere and a caring group of people. We are blessed to be part of Lake Murray Volleyball Club! I am expecting great things this club season and for the future we will have with LMVC: Loving, Motivating, Victorious Club...THANKS!!!
******Lake Murray Volleyball***** Great Coaches, Great Parents, Great Club!!!! We have had two wonderful seasons with Lake Murray. Alexa has grown as a Volleyball player and plays with more confidence. It has been wonderful to have her surrounded by great teammates and other coaches cheering her on and encouraging her as a player. We love Lake Murray Volleyball Club!!
LMVC is such an awesome club! This club create such a warm family atmosphere! We've seen so much improvement in our daughter skills since joining this team! The coaches are great!
LMVC has done wonders for our daughter's confidence and skill in volleyball. The coaches were warm and encouraging to all of the girls, while continuing to set HIGH expectations throughout. I know we chose the perfect club and we're ALL excited about playing again!
Where do I begin?! Our daughter, Savannah, having never played before, made the middle school team as a 7th grader mostly because of her height, but was only allowed to play about 45 seconds the entire season. She was completely defeated and worn down emotionally. She enjoyed the new friends she made, but was ready to throw in the towel on volleyball all together until after MUCH encouragement she joined LMVC. She resisted at first because she was so done, but finally we wore her down and she reluctantly agreed to give it a chance. WE COULD NOT BE MORE PLEASED!! It was an amazing difference right from tryouts. She was treated so kindly from coaches and potential team members. She went into the season unable to get the ball over the net with her serve and now can do so pretty consistently. She's still a little timid on the court, but we know that will improve as her confidence and skill improve. As a family, we have thoroughly enjoyed every minute! We have made great adult friends, the girls have bonded so tightly and have a real chemistry on and off the court. The coaches have been amazing and so encouraging. They have truly been about player development and not just winning. Savannah said several weeks into the season "Momma, I finally feel like I'm where I belong (doing volleyball)!" My tear stained cheeks were bursting with joy :) We are excited about where volleyball can take her in her future. She's almost 6 ft tall at age 12 and still growing. You can learn to play volleyball, but you can't learn to be tall! We already can't wait for next season!!! Thank you LMVC!!!
This was my daughter's first year playing a team sport so we didn't know what to expect. We chose Lake Murray Volleyball Club based on recommendations from people in the volleyball community. The family atmosphere at Lake Murray is wonderful. It was such an awesome experience, I could not imagine playing anywhere else. My daughter is hooked, and so am I. We are looking forward to many more years with LMVC!
Our daughter (Ki’Ana) decided not to play volleyball until 9th grade (trying to avoid marching band ). But it was not until 10th grade she decided to try club volleyball. Because of one of her coaches, she decided to try LMVC. What a great decision for her and the family. She has learned so much and has made such great friends. I can’t wait for the next club season to see these awesome girls play!!!!
If there was every a person or a thing that could change your child’s perception of life for the better, I think that any parent would do it. This is the case for Lake Murray Volleyball. Our daughter picked up the game three years ago for fun and it is now a quest for her and it has changed her life and ours. She is very smart and very completive and needed a challenge. She got it through volleyball. This is her third season at Lake Murray and because of that she is also on the Dutch Fork Volleyball team. She currently plays for the 16’s team as the setter and will play for Lake Murray until she is too old to do so. She once said that “she wouldn’t know what to do if she couldn’t play volleyball.” We are now a volleyball family and it is not just us. It’s the entire Club, the parents and the coaches. We truly have extended our family. I have had more than one parent tell me that her daughter had to go to a tournament and they couldn’t go but because their daughter was with us and the team they had no worries about their daughters and if she was going to have a good time. That is what makes Lake Murray Volleyball different. It is not about the money, it’s about the girls. I can’t thank Sue, Katie, Sean and David enough for what they have done for Haley and our family. We have made life long friends here and the old saying that “it takes a village to raise a child” is so true. Lake Murray Volleyball is a part of our village and will be forever.
When looking for a new club experience after two years with another club for our daughter Callie we heard that Lake Murray was a "developmental" league and thought well we will just check them out anyway .... Two years later I can attest that this developmental rumor is so TRUE because Lake Murray Volleyball Club has developed our daughter and all of the girls I have watched play over the past two seasons into confident experienced skilled players. More importantly Lake Murray Volleyball Club has developed a strong sense of character into our daughter. As we go into our 5th year of club volleyball I know the coaches that will be placed in teaching our daughter are passionate and knowledgeable about the game and their enthusiasm is contagious! We love the warm family atmosphere of the club and all of the extra events scheduled throughout the season from the lock in to the parent tournament to the end of the season lake picnic! The gold winner t-shirts that we have accumulated are great but it is the heart of gold of the directors, staff and coaches that keep us coming back for more volleyball, more excitement, more joy, more fun and yeah .... more development ~ because when you stop learning you stop living!
The Lake Murray Volleyball Club family is one of a kind. We have been blessed with not only great coaches but also great spirit and comradery. The experiences both on and off the court have been vital to improving volleyball skills and life long self confidence.
We could not have imagined when our girls joined Lake Murray Volleyball Club that not only would they improve and grow as athletes but we would all become part of a big wonderful family! Professional, competitive and everyone involved with LMVC loves the game - that says everything to me. They have a passion that is infectious and spreads throughout the teams. Our oldest daughter, who through the guidance of LMVC, is now living her dream of playing volleyball at the collegiate level. I am confident, because of the same guidance, my youngest will also be able to do the same. If you have any doubts, I promise you will not be disappointed!!
Last year was our first year with LMVC. Our daughter had a great experience, and she learned so many new volleyball skills as well as lots about teamwork. Most importantly to us, she learned how to celebrate wins and to also learn from losses. She learned how to be a respectful teammate and player on and off the court. She learned that hard work over time really pays off, and she developed a real love for the game over the course of the season. This year we are back, and she is playing at a higher level. We have high hopes for another wonderful season, and we are so grateful to LMVC for providing a supportive and professional environment for our daughter to continue to learn and grow as a player and person through her experiences both on and off the court.
We have been "family" members now for our 3rd year. When Dakota started with LMVC, she had a lot to learn about volleyball. In her time, she has grown into a great volleyball player not only technically but also in her confidence level. Her coaches have pushed her to be more than she even thinks she is capable of while building her self-esteem up at the same time. Sue, Shawn, Crystal, Katie, Jamie O., and Crista have all been influential, motivating, character building, loving and supportive to Dakota and myself. Our coaches are dedicated to our girls - not just winning! They have taught us each year that growing and pushing beyond your potential makes you a winner! I say every year "I am so ready for club" - and Lake Murray Volleyball Club is our club and family! Thank you for partnering with us in the growth of our child! You are truly amazing people!