Lake Murray Volleyball Club was founded in 2006 by four coaches that wanted to provide club volleyball for the players in the Irmo, Dutch Fork and Chapin area. We have expanded to include players from all over the Columbia area. Our focus is on teaching every volleyball player to play to the best of their ability. Coaches focus on technique, execution and mental focus with a strong emphasis on teamwork. Our coaches not only teach the player how to improve and perfect their volleyball game but also take the time to teach leadership skills, build character and help them grow into independent, confident and successful young adults.
The main thing that sets us apart from other clubs in our area is our sense of family. We offer many fun events throughout our season including a parent 6 v 6 volleyball competition, individual team bonding events, end of season family picnic and the seasonal favorite - our fun day. We strive to get to know each player on a personal level. We also help each girl in their recruiting process as our goal is to get each girl a college scholarship!
We hope that you will consider being a part of the Lake Murray volleyball club family!!
Come find out what we are all about.
MVPs from most recent tournament
Team 18 Red
- April Prijoles is one of our liberos on our 18 Red team. She had an outstanding day at the Crosstown Throwdown tournament on Jan 30th! She played consistent and solid defense all day and was great on serve receive! April also served an incredible 19 serves in the finals with 0 missed serves and 6 aces. She is also our team captain and did a great job leading and keeping everyone motivated and working together all day!
- We are so proud of you April! Job well done!
- PASSING: 88%
- DIGS: 12
- SERVING: 95.3% - 13 aces
Team 17 Red
- Marciann is our best all around player! Gave her all during every game.
- She was one our most consistent servers with 5 aces!
- She also had 7 kills and 15 great digs!
Team 15 Red
- Her continuous encouragement, versatility, and unifying attitude helped our team stay energized while playing strong through pool play, dropping only one set, and finishing second in silver this weekend
Team 15 Black
- Kayla is our MVP for this tournament. Kayla plays MH for us and does an outstanding job, it seemed that everytime the other team overpassed in her direction was an automatic point for us.
- Kayla went from only completing 50% of her serves last tournament to making 100% of her serves this tournament. Awesome improvement!
- SERVES: 100%
- ACES: 5
- KILLS: 18
Team 14 Red
- Gabby‹s serving was a key element in our success all day, and she also did a great job hitting and blocking throughout the day.
- Way to go Gabby!
Team 14 Black
Amelia Fulp & Kaleigh Spires
- We have two MVPs from this Saturday‘s tournament (the Crosstown Throwdown). Amelia Fulp and Kaleigh Spires were absolutely great on defense! We needed them most at the end of the day and they both came through with great serve receive passes and some awesome digs! Kaleigh served very well in our semi finals and finals match as well.
- We are so proud of you both! They played a big role in our Bronze win. Great job ladies!
Team 13 Black
Morgan Moore & Sydney Boulware
- Morgan has been working super hard on her serving and has come such a long way. This past weekend it truly showed as she not only scored numerous points for us with her serves, she served the match winning points in 2 of our matches. She served 8 straight points in the 3rd set of the match that led us to 2nd place in our pool. We are so proud of her. She has the most positive attitude on and off the court and always has the determination to better herself at practice. She is eager to become a better athlete overall! Way to go Morgan!!
- Sydney constantly leads our team on the court. She has a leader‘s heart and her teammates look to her for guidance. When the team gets down, Sydney steps up and pulls them back together. A few instances this past weekend come to mind. When we were down in the second set after losing the first, during a timeout, Sydney spoke up and brought her teammates back into the game. We then went on to win the second and third sets. Although a setter, her ability to take on any position is obvious as well. Sydney put numerous balls down with her powerful arm. Her serving always leaves a lasting impression on the other teams as well...with her “too many to count aces”! We are so proud of you Sydney!!!
Team 12 Black
- Ashley is the MVP from this tournament. She stepped up as the captain and became a real leader on the court. With whatever needed to be done she worked hard and stayed positive. She also was encouraging to her teammates and delivered consistent skills with things such as serving. I‘m proud of the way she stepped up this weekend.
What parents are saying about our club:
I am so happy for my family to be a part of the LMVC experience. My daughter, Christian-Alexis, is happy and playing like a champ. Thanks for the hugs and smiles all the time...I LOVE LMVC!!!
Family atmosphere, excllent coaches, and a love for the game of volleyball are all attributes of Lake Murray Volleyball Club! This is our daughter Jhi's, second year of club ball. As parents, we have seen her blossom from a clueless 8th grader to a constantly growing and developing player. She has gained knowledge, encouragement, and consistent coaching concerning the sport as well as becoming an excellent sportsman. Last year was grooming time; this year Jhi is a part of a team that brought home "the gold" at the Plex Challenge tounament on Jan. 28th. Our daughter has more growing to do in the sport of volleyball and we believe and are so thankful for the love and support that the entire Lake Murray Club provides.
This is Ashley's 5th year with Lake Murray. She loves it and her coaches. What a tremendous experience! Lake Murray's not only about winning volleyball games! The whole team experience is about growing young girls into confident young women who respect not only themselves, but others! Go Lake Murray!
Lake Murray Volleyball Club is our second family. When Katie was unexpectedly turned away from Carpe Diem (now Magnum) after playing with them since she was 12 years old, she was devastated! Her confidence was crushed but she was still hungry for volleyball. This club welcomed us with open arms and a commitment to making her a better player and having fun in the mean time. They followed through! The very first year with her new team they won first place in the Silver Division at Palmetto Regionals. We have lost count how many more times we have made it to the top of our division in tournaments thereafter. LMVC makes their presence known in competition! This is now her 4th and final year with LMVC as she will be going off to college this fall to start a new chapter in her life. It will be very sad for this year's season to end. She is excited about rooming with one of her closest teammates from LMVC and playing intramural volleyball together at Winthrop. As parents this makes us feel better knowing she will be with someone we love and trust during her time way from home. Life long friendships have been made with her teammates and I truly believe this club has played a big part in molding her into the confident young woman she has become. This is truly a unique club and Katie will always be considered a part of the LMVC family. We will continue to support and be involved in this club even after her last season is over.
This has been an experience of a life time for my family. Our daughter Malacia is playing her first year of club volleyball. She have been playing since she was 11 years old. Over the years we have watched her grow and become better at playing the game of volleyball in middle school, and high school. Having her to play with Lake Murray Volleyball Club has been the best thing we could have ever done for her as a growing athlete. The love from the coaches, parents, peers and directors have been outstanding. I would recommend this club to our future volleyball players. As parents we have watch her become more complacent and competitive with the sport. Thanks Lake Murray for all the dedication and hard work you've done for our daughter Malacia. We appreciate YOU!
We have always enjoyed and appreciated a volleyball season with Lake Murray because of focus on “the girl”, skills, and team work. I heard parent saying “If you want to get yelled at play for another team, if you need a hug and some coaching, play for Lake Murray.” It is rewarding to see a diverse gaggle of girls from different high schools and backgrounds with little or no experience together, to grow and blossom into coordinated and fully functioning volleyball team! At the beginning of the year a serve – receive looked difficult, but by the end of the season teammates were calling the hits and the hole in the middle had nearly vanished. This is really a lifetime appreciation for volleyball, physical fitness, teamwork, and family.
It is such a privilege to be playing for LMVC. I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier. This club experience has made me a better Volleyball player and more competitive. It has also helped me grow as a volleyball player and I have more strength both physically and mentally. I love being around the people involved with this club!! Thank you!!
This year was Haley's first year playing Club ball. What a difference it has made in her life! Lake Murray Volleyball is family - from the Coaches to the players to the Moms and Dads supporting their Daughters - it is the best. The Coaches are professional, knowledgeable, and caring. We are happy to be a part of this wonderful group and look forward to many more years with LMVC. Thank you for what you do.
Lake Murray Volleyball Club!!!What can we say but AWESOME!!! Family atmosphere and a caring group of people. We are blessed to be part of Lake Murray Volleyball Club! I am expecting great things this club season and for the future we will have with LMVC: Loving, Motivating, Victorious Club...THANKS!!!
******Lake Murray Volleyball***** Great Coaches, Great Parents, Great Club!!!! We have had two wonderful seasons with Lake Murray. Alexa has grown as a Volleyball player and plays with more confidence. It has been wonderful to have her surrounded by great teammates and other coaches cheering her on and encouraging her as a player. We love Lake Murray Volleyball Club!!
LMVC is such an awesome club! This club create such a warm family atmosphere! We've seen so much improvement in our daughter skills since joining this team! The coaches are great!
LMVC has done wonders for our daughter's confidence and skill in volleyball. The coaches were warm and encouraging to all of the girls, while continuing to set HIGH expectations throughout. I know we chose the perfect club and we're ALL excited about playing again!
Where do I begin?! Our daughter, Savannah, having never played before, made the middle school team as a 7th grader mostly because of her height, but was only allowed to play about 45 seconds the entire season. She was completely defeated and worn down emotionally. She enjoyed the new friends she made, but was ready to throw in the towel on volleyball all together until after MUCH encouragement she joined LMVC. She resisted at first because she was so done, but finally we wore her down and she reluctantly agreed to give it a chance. WE COULD NOT BE MORE PLEASED!! It was an amazing difference right from tryouts. She was treated so kindly from coaches and potential team members. She went into the season unable to get the ball over the net with her serve and now can do so pretty consistently. She's still a little timid on the court, but we know that will improve as her confidence and skill improve. As a family, we have thoroughly enjoyed every minute! We have made great adult friends, the girls have bonded so tightly and have a real chemistry on and off the court. The coaches have been amazing and so encouraging. They have truly been about player development and not just winning. Savannah said several weeks into the season "Momma, I finally feel like I'm where I belong (doing volleyball)!" My tear stained cheeks were bursting with joy :) We are excited about where volleyball can take her in her future. She's almost 6 ft tall at age 12 and still growing. You can learn to play volleyball, but you can't learn to be tall! We already can't wait for next season!!! Thank you LMVC!!!
This was my daughter's first year playing a team sport so we didn't know what to expect. We chose Lake Murray Volleyball Club based on recommendations from people in the volleyball community. The family atmosphere at Lake Murray is wonderful. It was such an awesome experience, I could not imagine playing anywhere else. My daughter is hooked, and so am I. We are looking forward to many more years with LMVC!
Our daughter (Ki’Ana) decided not to play volleyball until 9th grade (trying to avoid marching band ). But it was not until 10th grade she decided to try club volleyball. Because of one of her coaches, she decided to try LMVC. What a great decision for her and the family. She has learned so much and has made such great friends. I can’t wait for the next club season to see these awesome girls play!!!!
If there was every a person or a thing that could change your child’s perception of life for the better, I think that any parent would do it. This is the case for Lake Murray Volleyball. Our daughter picked up the game three years ago for fun and it is now a quest for her and it has changed her life and ours. She is very smart and very completive and needed a challenge. She got it through volleyball. This is her third season at Lake Murray and because of that she is also on the Dutch Fork Volleyball team. She currently plays for the 16’s team as the setter and will play for Lake Murray until she is too old to do so. She once said that “she wouldn’t know what to do if she couldn’t play volleyball.” We are now a volleyball family and it is not just us. It’s the entire Club, the parents and the coaches. We truly have extended our family. I have had more than one parent tell me that her daughter had to go to a tournament and they couldn’t go but because their daughter was with us and the team they had no worries about their daughters and if she was going to have a good time. That is what makes Lake Murray Volleyball different. It is not about the money, it’s about the girls. I can’t thank Sue, Katie, Sean and David enough for what they have done for Haley and our family. We have made life long friends here and the old saying that “it takes a village to raise a child” is so true. Lake Murray Volleyball is a part of our village and will be forever.
When looking for a new club experience after two years with another club for our daughter Callie we heard that Lake Murray was a "developmental" league and thought well we will just check them out anyway .... Two years later I can attest that this developmental rumor is so TRUE because Lake Murray Volleyball Club has developed our daughter and all of the girls I have watched play over the past two seasons into confident experienced skilled players. More importantly Lake Murray Volleyball Club has developed a strong sense of character into our daughter. As we go into our 5th year of club volleyball I know the coaches that will be placed in teaching our daughter are passionate and knowledgeable about the game and their enthusiasm is contagious! We love the warm family atmosphere of the club and all of the extra events scheduled throughout the season from the lock in to the parent tournament to the end of the season lake picnic! The gold winner t-shirts that we have accumulated are great but it is the heart of gold of the directors, staff and coaches that keep us coming back for more volleyball, more excitement, more joy, more fun and yeah .... more development ~ because when you stop learning you stop living!